Friday, October 29, 2010

Julie Holm Tells her Story

Having Faith in Jesus Christ brings a whole lot of blessings into my life.
Growing up, my family was very active and I was too until I hit Middle School. I just really didn't care about going to Church or anything that had to do with the Church. I was always close with my family and especially to my sister Melissa. When I was 21, Melissa had my niece June. I had the opportunity to be in the delivery room with her and was able to see the baby right when she was born. The feelings that I had in that room are undescribable.

I have never felt the Spirit so strong in my entire life until that moment. When I got to hold her for the fitst time I knew right then and there that that baby girl came straight from the presence of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I knew that her little personality existed before. Her perfect little body. Her perfect little hands and feet. In that moment I knew I needed to change my life and come back to Church. I know I knew that baby girl in the pre-existence.

I am now on my mission. The feelings I get from bearing my testimony and holding that baby girl I KNOW that Heavenly Father created us. I know that Jesus Christ is our brother and they want nothing more than for us to make it back to them.

So, going back to the first line, having Faith in Jesus Christ brings a whole lot of blessings into my life because I now know who I am, and knowing who I am has been the biggest blessing. Pay attention to the Spirit when he talks to you. The deep doctrine isn't the most important, it's how you feel. That is what has brought me true and never ending happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Fairport, New York, United States
So, currently I am serving a Full-time Mission in the New York Rochester Mission. I go home in December and then I'll be going to school at Paul Mitchell. I have the GREATEST family, which I get to have for all eternity which is awesome. And, I pretty much LOVE my life! What a blessing!